Design an App in a Day Delivery Contractor
The Design an App in a Day workshop, takes pupils through an iterative development model where they begin with an idea and end with a pitch outlining their final prototype. Once students have chosen a problem they feel passionate about, they then explore user needs and features, and user profiling before finally, creating hand-drawn wireframes of their app ideas and pitching them back to the class and Industry Experts. Collaborative working, problem solving and communication skills are all encouraged and developed during this innovative workshop.
Your role will be to principally deliver our Design an App in a Day Workshop to schools in specific target areas of the country. These will be run over a school day (6 hours) and are delivered to a class of 30-40 students aged between 12 to 18. The sessions are supported by 1-2 educators who will be present and help with class management as well as 5-10 volunteers from a corporate partner, who will be there to help support the students and take part in a careers Q&A during the day.
You will have the opportunity to take part in 1-2 training session as well as the opportunity to meet the team, find out more about Apps for Good and it’s mission and look in detail at our content and how we currently deliver sessions.
We’re looking for someone who’s enthusiastic and has experience delivering & presenting course content to young people. We also would love to have someone who is passionate about our mission, education and the importance of bringing the “real-world” into the classroom. Don’t worry if you lack sophisticated computing knowledge or background - we offer lots of support, so all you need is a willingness to learn more about our courses.
- Comfortable with delivering workshops / content / training to young people
- Ability to work flexibly when needed
- Ability to travel to one or more of the key delivery areas: Black Country, Greater Birmingham, Greater Manchester, Lancashire, Leeds, Liverpool, West of England, South East of England.
- Experience of teaching OR working with young people & delivering course content
- Evident interest in education and enthusiasm for working with teachers
- Great interpersonal skills with ability to work with external organisations
- Ability to have a flexible approach to problem-solving
- Outstanding organisation skills and attention to detail
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Effective time management
- Experience working with volunteers
- Interest in working in tech education sector
- Desire to work with Apps for Good and a passion for its greater mission
Contract day rate: £300
Travel expenses where applicable